- 1 Boned lamb shoulder
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 Onions, chopped
- 2 tsp Turmeric
- 2 tsp Coriander seeds, crushed
- 2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 300 ml Chicken or vegetable stock
- 50 grams Whole blanched almonds, toasted
- Heat a skillet and toast the almonds for a few minutes. Remove from the pan.
- Preheat the oven to 140°C.
- Cut the lamb into small square pieces. Pour the olive oil into a casserole dish and fry the meat until golden brown in colour.
- Add the onions, garlic and spices and cook for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Mix in the honey, lemon and broth, cover and cook for 1 hour in the oven.
- Sprinkle the almonds and serve warm in a traditional tagine dish to impress the guests.
81.25 0 100 32