- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 8 Skinless boneless chicken thighs, halved if large
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 tsp Grated fresh root ginger
- 1 pinch Saffron or turmeric
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 400 grams Carrots, cut into sticks
- 1 small bunch Parsley, roughly chopped
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Pour the oil into a large pan with a lid and heat well. When hot, add the thighs and sauté well. Mix in the onion, ginger and leave for another 2-3 minutes.
- Pour 150 ml water over the chicken, add the saffron, carrots, honey and seasonings. Stir and combine well.
- Allow the mixture to boil, cover with lid and boil for 30 minutes. Once the meat is tender, remove the lid and leave for 5 minutes on high heat until the sauce becomes thick.
- Serve with lemon wedges and garnish with parsley. Enjoy!
95.2380952381 0 100 21