- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Whole chicken divided into 8 pieces
- Salt and black pepper
- 12 Pearl onions, peeled and blanched
- 3 Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp Ginger, chopped
- 1 1/4 cup Chicken stock
- 2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 pinch Saffron
- 1/2 cup Green olives, pitted
- 3 tbsp Fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Small preserved lemon, seeded and chopped
- Season your chicken pieces with salt, pepper and oil. Heat you tagine pot on a stovetop and add some oil.
- Sear your chicken pieces until well browned on all sides.
- Add your onions, garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in your chicken stock and sprinkle in your cumin and saffron.
- Bring to a boil and once boiled, cover and place in a 350°F oven and cook for 15-20 minutes until chicken is tender.
- Take out of the oven and add in the olives, parsley and preserved lemon and serve.
85.7142857143 0 100 28