- 2 tbsp Plain flour
- 2 tbsp Moroccan seasoning
- 8 Chicken legs
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Red onions, halved, sliced
- 3 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup Chicken stock
- 1 Lemon
- 150 grams Green beans, trimmed
- 1/3 cup Pitted green olives, halved
- Couscous, toasted slivered almonds and fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Place flour, seasoning and chicken in a large snap-lock bag. Seal. Shake to coat. Heat half the oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan over high heat. Cook chicken in batches, turning, for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium-high. Heat remaining oil in pan. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Return chicken to pan.
- Add stock and 1/2 cup cold water. Cover. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Peel strips of rind from lemon. Juice lemon. Add rind, 1 tbsp lemon juice, beans and olives to pan. Cover. Cook for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove cover. Increase heat to medium-high heat. Simmer for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Serve tagine with couscous, almonds and coriander.
96 0 100 25