- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1.8 kg Boneless lamb shoulder, cut into 3 cm pieces
- 1 Red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Ground ginger
- 100 grams Quince paste
- 750 ml (3 cups) Water
- 750 grams Sweet potato , peeled, cut into 4 cm pieces
- 60 grams (1/3 cup) Blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup Fresh coriander leaves
- Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil, lamb and onion. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until lamb starts to brown.
- Add cayenne pepper, ground coriander, cinnamon and ginger. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until aromatic.
- Add quince paste and water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour or until the lamb is tender.
- Add the sweet potato. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20-25 minutes or until sweet potato is soft and liquid thickens slightly.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add the almonds and cook, stirring often, for 2-3 minutes or until golden.
- Sprinkle with the almonds and fresh coriander to serve.
88.4615384615 0 100 26