- 1 tbsp Оlive oil
- 1 Large onion
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 500 grams Lean lamb neck fillet, cubed
- 250 grams Basmati rice
- 1 Lamb or vegetable stock cube
- 12 Ready-to-eat dried apricots
- Handful fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Handful of pine nuts
- Heat a large skillet and slightly roast the handful of pine nuts for a few minutes. Remove and transfer to a plate.
- Pour the olive oil into the same pan and once hot, add the sliced onion, cinnamon and temper for a few minutes until the onions become soft.
- Increase the heat and mix in the cubed lamb pieces and allow to cook until the meat is tender. Toss in the rice, stir and allow to cook for about 2 minutes.
- Dissolve the stock cube in water and pour about 500 ml boiling water over the lamb mixture. Mix in the dried fruits, stir and adjust seasonings as required.
- Reduce the heat and allow the ingredients to be cooked in the stock for about 12 minutes. Garnish with pine nuts and mint leaves. Serve hot!
92 0 100 25