- 1/2 tsp Saffron threads
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Boiling water
- 1/2 cup Chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 cup Chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1/2 cup Chopped fresh mint
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 6 (900 grams) Chicken thigh fillets, halved lengthways
- 300 grams Sweet potato (kumara), unpeeled, cut into 4 cm pieces
- 400 grams Can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
- Fresh mint leaves, to serve
- Place the saffron threads in a small heatproof jug. Pour over the boiling water and set aside for 20 minutes to infuse.
- Combine the coriander, parsley, mint, turmeric, garam masala, cayenne pepper, saffron mixture and chicken in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 2 hours to marinate.
- Add the sweet potato to the chicken mixture and stir to combine. Transfer to a 1 litre (4-cup) capacity flameproof tagine. Cover and cook over low heat for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Add the chickpeas. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes or until the chickpeas are heated through.
- Top with the coriander sprigs and mint leaves.
82.6086956522 0 100 23