- 1 Kilogram (kg) Beef Chuck Steak, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 Tablespoon (tbsp) Olive Oil
- 2 Red Onions, cut into wedges
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 2 Teaspoons (tsp) Ground Cumin
- 2 Teaspoons (tsp) Ground Coriander
- 2 Teaspoons (tsp) Sweet Parprika
- 1 Teaspoon (tsp) Ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon (tsp) Ground Cinnamon
- 960ml (4 cups) Beef Stock
- 500 grams (g) Butternut Pumpkin, peeled, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons (tbsp) Honey
- 85 grams (half a cup) Toasted Whole Almonds
- To Serve Coriander Leaves
- To Serve Steamed Couscous
Whether it’s halloween or not this beef and pumpkin tagine is sure to delight!
- Start by preheating your oven to 176°C/350°F (Gas Mark 4)
- In the bottom of your tagine heat half of the oil and add the beef to it
- Move the beef around for approximately 5 minutes. and then take off the heat and place on a plate
- Heat the rest of the oil and fry the onions, garlic for about 5 minutes
- Add the paprika, cumin, cinnamon, ginger and coriander and stir for 1 minute
- Now add the beef back in and pour the beef stock on top. Bring that mixture to simmer
- Place the tagine lid on and bake for around 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally
- Add your pumpkin on top and again bake for another 30 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and add honey. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with almonds, coriander leaves.
- Serve alongside couscous for complete Moroccan meal!
85.7142857143 0 100 7